-AS I OPEN
THIS PAGE IN SEPTEMBER, 1999, I AM ADDING THIS BRIEF FOOTNOTE RE WHAT VISITORS
TO THIS AWARD-WINNING WEBSITE WILL FIND BELOW AND THE PRESENT HEALTH OF THE
ADDRESSEE, FORMER U.S. PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN.
I RESPECT THAT REPORTS INDICATE HIS STRUGGLE WITH ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE MAY BE DETERIORATING.
(text of item from September 1999 Shared Vision magazine article by Jennifer Wohl, titled: 'Honouring our elders')
1) sixteen-page statement to President Reagan, dated July 8, 1983; with copies of:
2) nine-page statement to President Reagan, dated June 29, 1983; with copies of:
3) six-page statement to President Ronald Reagan...Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau...President Jimmy Carter, dated July 1, 1983; with copies of:
4) (please see note on reverse of this page. [Text is below]) ten-page statement to President Reagan, dated June 18, 1983; with copies of:
5) copy of three-page letter to Gerald Emmett Cardinal Carter, dated May 16, 1983.
[Continuing on with what was page 2. in original submission...]
6) copy of eight-page letter to Pope John Paul II, dated May 15, 1983.
7) copy of fourteen-page statement to U.N. Secretary-General Perez de Cuellar, dated May 27, 1983; with 'List of enclosures' on face.
8) copy of eight-page statement to Prime Minister Trudeau, dated May 30, 1983; with copy of Vancouver Sun article, "Trudeau applies an old notion to a new preoccupation", attached.
9) copy of fourteen-page statement to Jane Pauley and NBC, dated June 1, 1983; with 'List of enclosures' on face, and copy of June 6, 1983 The Province article, "U.S. hears of Soviet concerns", attached.
10) copy of three-page letter to Jane Pauley and NBC, dated June 9, 1983 (which had copy of November 8, 1982 New York Times article, "At State, Dissent Gives Rise to Praise", attached.
11) copy of three-page 'List of enclosures' to July 8 and 9, 1983 submissions to President Carter; "two-page further statement to President Carter", with July 4, 1983 Globe and Mail editorial, "The Shcharansky Spirit" attached; copy of July 9, 1983, one-page statement to David Crombie; and copy of July 9, 1983 one-page statement to Prime Minister Trudeau, with copy of 'List of enclosures' for the July 9, 1983 submission to David Crombie, and (oops) copy of one-page, July 9, 1983 statement to President Carter.
12) copy of seven-page statement to Jane Pauley and NBC, dated July 16, 1983; copy of one-page added comment to Jane Pauley, and photocopy of acknowledgement of receipt for registered letter #5898 to Jane Pauley, attached.
Because i've been typing only on the one side in the cases where the enclosures are to the addressees again recently, i found out just now that i am again over the weight limit with all the indicated contents. I am omitting the copy of the June 18, 1983 statement to you, as a result, it to be sent in a registered letter in one week's time (i get paid on Fridays). It is not that crucial immediately, as you see by these contents here.
I revised the list too, omitting reference to the June 29, 1983 submission to President Carter. I am quite sure he will cooperate with you to complete this process properly.
I may have to quote or refer
discretely[sic] [discreetly] to relevant sections in the July 8, 1983 statement to you, in the forthcoming statements to the press and United Nations officials. I will give you copies in that submission in a week's time...otherwise i would have mailed it sooner.
Of course, if they're not finished on exactly July 22, 1983, i trust you will wait the few, extra days.
We hope to hear from you soon.
I will send you the other things marked off in the list of submissions that Jimmy Carter now has, which you don't, in future if it appears i must.
1-ZBIGNIEW BRZEZINSKI, OF COURSE, WAS THE CARTER ADMINISTRATION SECRETARY OF STATE IN 1980 WHEN WHAT IS DESCRIBED, IF YOU TAKE A BRIEF SIDESTEP HERE, TOOK PLACE.
2-IN THE COURSE OF CONTINUING THIS "INTERNATIONAL
DIPLOMATIC WORK...ON A DIRECT BASIS" FOR THE WORLD'S CHILDREN BEYOND
THE 1978 STAGES INCLUSIVE OF SUCH THINGS AS THOSE DESCRIBED IF YOU
TAKE A BRIEF SIDESTEP HERE, I MET TWO NOW-PAST
PRESIDENTS/SECRETARIES-GENERAL OF THE "WORLD COUNCIL OF CHURCHES".
THERE ARE FOOTNOTES RELEVANT TO THIS AT THE BOTTOM OF WHAT YOU FIND IF YOU TAKE A BRIEF SIDESTEP HERE AND A RELATED ONE IF YOU TAKE ANOTHER BRIEF SIDESTEP HERE.
3-ALL I AM GOING TO SAY HERE ABOUT THE SECOND COMPONENT OF THIS
IS THAT, BEARING IN MIND WHAT YOU FIND ABOUT THE "U.S. PRESIDENTIAL
PAPERS ACT" IF YOU TAKE A BRIEF
SIDESTEP HERE--WHICH MEANS IT OUGHT TO BE FAIRLY EASY TO VERIFY THAT YES, I
SENT REAGAN THAT TERM OF REFERENCE ABOUT THE GROUP CALLED "PROJECT
DEMOCRACY" IN JULY, 1983.
IN DECEMBER, 1985 I DREW IT TO THE ATTENTION OF THEN-PRIME MINISTER OF CANADA BRIAN MULRONEY.
AND IN FEBRUARY, 1985 I DREW IT TO THE ATTENTION OF U.S. SENATOR EDWARD KENNEDY.