REGISTERED LETTER TO JIMMY CARTER, THE NOTE TO HIM
THE DOCUMENT TITLE AND LIST.
GIVEN THE NOTE'S LENGTH, I CHOOSE TO PUT THE NOTE BELOW THE TITLE HERE...ACCOMPANIED BY THIS NOTE ABOVE BOTH.
1) six-page statement to President
Jimmy Carter, dated January 30, 1988; with terms of
reference included as explained in List of Contents on face of
enclosure 5) here.
2) copy of draft for March 31, 1987 statement to STATSMINISTER OF SWEDEN Ingvar Carlsson; with terms of reference as cited in List of Contents on face of enclosure 5) here.
3) copy of January 14, 1988 statement to U.S. SENATE MINORITY LEADER Robert Dole; with List of Contents for submission on face.
4) copy of January 19, 1988 statement to the Honourable Ms. Pat Carney; with copies of attachments included in original submission, including one of page containing photocopies of both sides of Acknowledgement of Receipt for December 16, 1987 registered letter #936 to Mr. Pieter W. Botha, PRESIDENT OF SOUTH AFRICA, with note to Ms. Carney on page-bottom.
5) copy of January 29, 1988 statement to Ms. Carney; with List of Contents for submission on face.
6) copy of Christmas, 1987 statement to PRESIDENT OF SOUTH AFRICA Pieter W. Botha; with List of Contents for submission on face.
7) copies of terms of reference to Botha statement according to list for them provided on face of 6) here.
8) copy of Christmas, 1987 statement to Most Reverend Desmond Tutu; with List of Contents for submission on face and with attachment a) included.
9), 10), 11), and 12) correspond to 3)-6) according to Botha submission List of Contents.
13) copy of December 16, 1987 statement to Mr. John J. Phelan, Jr., CHAIRMAN, NEW YORK STOCK EXCHANGE: with List of Contents for submission on face and with copies of attachments included in original submission provided.
14) copy of December 23, 1987 statement to Mr. S.J. Hudson, PRESIDENT, VANCOUVER STOCK EXCHANGE; with List of Contents for submission on face and with attachments according to it provided.
15) copy of December 31, 1987 statement to Mr. J.P. Bunting, PRESIDENT & CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER, TORONTO STOCK EXCHANGE; with List of Contents for submission on face.
16) copy of February 5, 1988 statement to Mr. Phelan; with List of Contents for submission on face and with terms of reference according to it here.1
17) copy of March 31, 1986 statement to Mr. Alden Winship Clausen, (former) PRESIDENT, "International Bank for Reconstruction and Development"; with copy of attachment included in original submission provided.
18) copy of July 2, 1985 statement to Mr. Clovid Maksoud of "The Arab League"; with copies of attachments included in original submission provided.
19) copy of August, 1986 statement to Soviet General Secretary Mikhail Gorbachev; with List of Contents and attachments according to it included.
20) copy of August, 1986 statement to Mr. Maksoud; with List of Contents and attachments according to it included.
21) copy of February 6, 1988 statement to ISRAELI AMBASSADOR TO THE UNITED NATIONS Benjamin Netanyahu; with List of Contents and attachments according to it provided.
22) copy of February 6, 1988 statement to UNITED NATIONS SECRETARY-GENERAL Javier Perez de Cuellar; with List of Contents for submission on face.
-copies of November 12, 1987 letter from Ms. Carney, December 28, 1987 letter from Mr. Phelan, and List of Contents for submission included.
President Carter: I just noticed that the Dole submission List of Contents doesn't mention a copy of my Christmas statement to Desmond. I believe i sent him one, so i assume this is a list error.
If you think you should, check with him to see if he has one.
If he doesn't appreciate that i sent him that submission enough to write me back, well, as the contents show--i've got plenty else to do between now and late-1988...2
Carter: I won't belabour the point. If i can afford to,
this weekend i'll send the registered letters to you, Javier
Perez de Cuellar, Benjamin Netanyahu, and John
Phelan. I'll send the ones to Bill Bennett and
Peter Worthington as soon as i can afford to.
I promised in my February 4, 1988 regular mail letter to Sir Richard Attenborough i'd send him the South Africa materials by registered letter on February 23, 1988, and would send the ones for CBS News on February 27, 1988.
I haven't arranged these document copies in order of immediate importance.
They're all important and the contents interrelate.
I sectioned them as best i could by fields involved, though again they overlap because the mounting pressure for publicity about the South Africa circumstances is requiring that i attend to "loose ends" left by Ottawa and Washington in the other fields--or we'll see even greater "problems" coming from all sides.
All i add is you should read the February 6, 1988 statement to Mr. Phelan as soon as possible because it, of all things here, may provoke the public outrage fastest.
If the market crashes again, without the "safety net" to protect it and let it move up again as it should as it should i'm trying to get (back) in place, i doubt that a S.T.A.R.T. agreement is going to save Reagan/American credibility.
1-THERE IS AN EXCERPT FROM
THIS STATEMENT TO THE THEN-NEW YORK STOCK EXCHANGE CHAIRMAN IN
THE WHAT HE FOUND SECTION OF THIS AWARD-WINNING WEBSITE.
IF YOU WANT TO READ IT, TAKE YOUR
NEXT FOOTSTEP HERE.
IF YOU WANT TO START READING THE WHAT HE FOUND SECTION FROM ITS FIRST TERM OF REFERENCE--THE SEQUENCE GIVES YOU THE BEST OVERVIEW OF THE CONTENTS OF THIS AWARD-WINNING WEBSITE (AND THUS, A MAJOR REASON WHY I OPENED IT)--TAKE YOUR NEXT FOOTSTEP HERE.
2-POSSIBLY HE DIDN'T CARE ENOUGH TO REPLY BECAUSE I NEVER RECEIVED ONE. I HAVE RIDICULOUS MAIL SERVICES, THOUGH, SO I SUPPOSE SOMEONE IMMINENTLY SHOULD ASK HIM TO CHECK HIS RECORDS TO SEE HOW HE RESPONDED TO THE CONTENTS OF THAT SUBMISSION, AND IF THAT RESPONSIVE ACTION INCLUDED A LETTER TO ME.
DON'T THINK THE WISDOM OF THOMAS JEFFERSON IS PASSÉ YET IN WHAT YOU ARE ENTITLED TO FROM YOUR GOVERNMENT? LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD: TAKE A BRIEF SIDESTEP HERE TO SIGN MY GUESTBOOK.